C-TPAT is a voluntary government-business initiative that builds cooperative relationships that strengthen and improve overall international supply chain and U.S. border security. C-TPAT is widely recognized as one of the most effective means of providing the highest level of cargo security through close cooperation with international supply chain businesses such as importers, carriers, consolidators, licensed customs brokers, and manufacturers. Through this initiative, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is asking businesses to ensure the integrity of their security practices and communicate and verify the security guidelines of their business partners within the supply chain.
Participation in C-TPAT takes a real commitment of time and resources from your company.
The following companies are eligible to become C-TPAT Certified:
• U.S. Importers
• U.S. Customs Brokers
• Canadian Manufacturers
• Mexican Manufacturers
• U.S., Canadian & Mexican Cross Border Highway Carriers
• Third Party Logistics (3PL) Providers
• Marine Port Authorities & Terminal Operators
• Mexican Long Haul Highway Carriers
• Air Carriers
• Rail Carriers
• Sea Carriers
• Air Freight Consolidators
• Ocean Transportation Intermediaries
• Non-Vessel Operating Common Carriers (NVOCCs)
If you don't see your type of company on the list, contact us today to find out how your company can become eligible.